The London Skyride takes place on Sunday 20th September
What they say…
As well as providing a unique opportunity to see one of the world’s greatest cities in a new light and enjoying a day cycling with friends and family around an extended 15km route, there will be a range of activities to create a carnival atmosphere in the capital. Highlights include:
- Skyride Street Zone – Professional BMX and Mountain Bike riders will perform tricks, with the opportunity for members of the pubic to take a course in stunt riding.
- Skyride Style Zone – Participants can get a free bike make-over using the most up to-date designs and accessories.
- Skyride Photo Point -At designated points riders will smile as they ride past cameras for a free memento of the day to download at www.goskyride.com
- Skyride Active Zone – Tips on health and wellbeing from British Cycling and Bike4Life – part of the Department of Health’s ‘Change4Life’ campaign to tackle obesity in the UK.
- Skyride Active Zone – Cycle Sprint Challenge – An opportunity to try out cycle sprinting on Watt bikes – used to measure power – and compete against friends and family as well as beat celebrity sprint times.
- Skyride Family -Designated area for kids and families, where children can learn new bike skills with free Go-Ride sessions from British Cycling professionals.